September 30, 2016
For the convenience of those with questions about Committee hearings and processes, we have drafted a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document to address some of the most common questions. Please feel free to contact the Committee if there are additional comments or concerns.
The Assembly Standing Committee on Business and Professions meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. in Room 4202.
- "Sunrise," the creation of new regulatory entities within the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- "Sunset," the oversight and elimination of regulatory entities within the DCA
- Health care professional licensing
- Veterinarian licensing
- Occupational licensing
- Vocational education
- The Department of General Services (building standards)
- Product labeling (except agricultural and medical product labeling)