March 17, 2017
The Sunset Review Background Paper for the March 20, 2017, Joint Sunset Review Hearing is now available along with those from prior hearings. They can be accessed under Joint Sunset Review Hearings.
The Agenda and Background Paper are now available for the March 14, 2017, Joint Informational Hearing, Regulation of Corporations and the Impact on Professional Licensing. They can be accessed under Informational Hearings.
September 30, 2016
For the convenience of those with questions about Committee hearings and processes, we have drafted a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document to address some of the most common questions. Please feel free to contact the Committee if there are additional comments or concerns.
The Assembly Standing Committee on Business and Professions meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. in Room 4202.
- "Sunrise," the creation of new regulatory entities within the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- "Sunset," the oversight and elimination of regulatory entities within the DCA
- Health care professional licensing
- Veterinarian licensing
- Occupational licensing
- Vocational education
- The Department of General Services (building standards)
- Product labeling (except agricultural and medical product labeling)