April 24, 2017
Committee analyses for the bills set for hearing on April 24, 2017, are now available. The analyses, as well as those from prior hearings, can be accessed under Bill Hearings.
March 17, 2017
The Sunset Review Background Paper for the March 20, 2017, Joint Sunset Review Hearing is now available. The paper, along with those from prior hearings, can be accessed under Joint Sunset Review Hearings.
The Agenda and Background Paper are now available for the March 14, 2017, Joint Informational Hearing, Regulation of Corporations and the Impact on Professional Licensing. They can be accessed under Informational Hearings.
The Assembly Standing Committee on Business and Professions meets Tuesdays at 9 a.m. in Room 4202.
- "Sunrise," the creation of new regulatory entities within the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- "Sunset," the oversight and elimination of regulatory entities within the DCA
- Health care professional licensing
- Veterinarian licensing
- Occupational licensing
- Vocational education
- The Department of General Services (building standards)
- Product labeling (except agricultural and medical product labeling)